Thursday, February 16, 2006

Tell Your Representative: Vote "No" on H.R. 4694

On February 10, I mentioned the Let the People Decide Clean Campaign Act (H.R. 4694), introduced in the House of Representatives by several Democrats. H.R. 4694 would require public financing of congressional campaigns, itself a positive reform, but it would also require a prohibitively large number of signatures for third party and independent candidates -- making it practically impossible for them to run for office.

I thought I would pass along some more information: you can now write to your representative(www.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizationsCOM/Greens/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=1726) or send a letter to the editor(www.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizationsCOM/Greens/pickMedia.jsp?letter_KEY=337). I've already written to my representative. Will you?

No comments:

Popular Posts